Bicycling. Yeah, I actually exercised.

We all know I hate to exercise unless it's fun.  Fun, meaning goofing around with friends, or sex.  (Come on, everyone knows that sex is the best way to burn calories.)  I also don't mind the calories I burn while hauling heavy photography equipment and photographing a wedding in 90 degree heat.  It's still fun.

What I DON'T enjoy is:  running, swimming, weight lifting, aerobics, etc, etc, etc.

But, I was thinking back to the good ol days when I was ten or twelve or something, and I rode my bike.  I rode it all the freakin' time.  For miles and miles and miles and HOURS.  And I was a skinny thing.  Well, it probably also helped that I was TWELVE, but you get where I'm going with this.  So, I (finally, after wanting one for two or three years,) bought myself a bike.


Annnnnnd, I got myself a helmet that I hate.  I pretty much stood there at Target looking at all the crappy, ugly helmets and just picked a random one after not being able to really CHOOSE one I LIKED.  I'm eventually hoping to get a cute English looking helmet, but those are super expensive.



So, yeah.  I got my Gary Fischer all ready to rock, and headed out around the neighborhood.  Here's as far as I got.  And it included a mini-break for about 1 minute to catch my breath.  (or was it to give my quads a little rest?)


1.74 miles.  And man, was I beat.  The heat didn't help, but I got home and I was sweating, and tired, and I literally laid down on the couch to cool off and catch my breath.

I think I might try riding later in the day next time.  I went out at 2:30pm, around 92 degrees.  Probably not the BEST idea to break myself in to bicycling... right?


In other news, I've been doing a bit of shopping for new clothes.  Not because I'm any skinnier, but because it's FREAKING HOT outside, and I am saying, screw it.  I'm wearing skirts more, dammit.  And in doing so, I've discovered that indeed, the 80's are back.  I can't express how much I wanted to buy this dress:


I didn't get it though... because it's just too tight and short... and I couldn't bring myself to do it. :)

A few other ones I tried on but didn't buy:

(cute, but I don't dig this neck line with my arms/armpit fat)


(totally cute skirt, last one, too big. :(  )

I liked the style of this dress, but the way it wrapped/crossed in front made me uncomfortable.  Like a breeze would come along and I'd be showing the world my underwear, or something.

Adorable, but I felt it was so short.  Why can't they make dresses a little longer these days?

And I just didn't like the fit of this one at all.  :/


AND, so here we have:  three pieces I did buy - a skirt and two dresses:






I also thought I'd share a new photo of me by my friend and fellow local photographer Jadon Good.  He's doing a personal project called "The Abandoned Couch" project.  You can visit his facebook here for all the other portraits as they come around! :)