Running Report

Oh, holy crap.  I haven't told you people.

I got a treadmill and I'm running again.  Can I tell you how much EASIER it is now that:

1.  I don't weigh 225 pounds... the extra weight off has made it so much easier at the start.
2.  I have a treadmill in my freaking basement, where it's cool, where it's right down the stairs and I don't have to get up and drive anywhere.

((You can see my entries from before, back in May 2009, when I started running but was heavier.  The numbers are pretty darn different.))


Yeah.  So, I'm on day two of running (day off for a much needed massage yesterday!) - and I am really excited to keep up on it.  Here is my report! :)

(PS, this "run" is much more a "jog," but I'm basically brand new to running / walking / exercise at this point.  I haven't been active in a long time, so I'm building up my strength slowly.)  :)


Day 2:  2.11 miles in 45m.
5m - walk - 2.8
9m - run - 3.4
5m - walk - 3.0
6m - run - 3.4
5m - walk - 3.0
4m - run - 3.6
5m - walk - 2.8
5m - walk - 3.0 (incline of 3)
1m - walk - 2.6 (incline of .5)
TOTAL = 45m
(ran 19m, walked 26m)
Estimated calories burned:  370


Day 1:  unknown miles in 35m.
2m - walk - 2.8
8m - run - 3.6
4m - walk - 3.0
4m - run - 3.6
5m - walk - 2.8
3m - run - 3.4
5m - walk - 2.6
TOTAL = 31m
(ran 15m, walked 16m)
Estimated calories burned:  224


On another note, I'm using the Lose it! app.  If anyone wants to be buddies on there, let me know.  I might not be perfect at tracking my food every day, but I will be weighing in at the very least. :)


Also, I should probably attempt to find my Polar watch / heart rate monitor.  It'll give me far better calculations on burned calories.  Or, I could wear my bodybugg... Decisions, decisions.

~J