Gluten Free?

So!  How many of you guys are Gluten Free?  I always wondered if that was primarily a dietary need based on allergies, or if there are some health benefits to being gluten free.

Anyhoo!  I was contacted by Bakery on Main, and they graciously sent me some fabulous goodies to try out.  I have to say, I was pretty damn impressed!


Please forgive the super uber crappy iPhone picture.  :D

So!  I got some really delicious granola (excellent on yogurt or ice cream) and the granola bars were chewy and yummy.  I'm not a big fan of granola bars if they're super crunchy, so it was really a nice surprise that these were chewy ones.  Overall - I'm not super familiar with gluten free food, but even as someone without that particular dietary requirement, their stuff is quite enjoyable!  Dan even enjoyed the bars as well!


You can check out their website here. :)

In other news - I'm awaiting a phone call from my Bodybugg coach.  I got the new Bodybugg for Christmas from my parents, and I got it all set up.  Now, just a matter of learning how to use it and being diligent about entering / tracking all my calories.  

I'm a little (read: lot) nervous about the eating plan they made for me - it's around 45% carbohydrates, which is way more than I consume.  I have a feeling I'm still going to try to cull back the amount of carbs I'm taking in, and focusing on veggies, greens and lean meats.  I'll keep you guys posted with my experience, and hopefully it helps me get closer to my goal weight.  

Right now it's giving a basis of food intake / calories based solely on my current weight and my activity level.  I will be curious to see what it says once I plug in the Bodybugg after I've been wearing it for a few hours - if it'll adjust it based on my BMR or not.  I'll let you guys know! 

~Jenn
Gluten Free? @ This Weeks Gold Proudly Powered by Blogger