Monday Weigh-In Results + Bodybugg Review

Hello lovelies!

Well, since I started using my Bodybugg on a Monday, that's when my weigh in is now.  That's pretty good, too - I feel like Mondays are good weigh in days.

SO, here we go.


-1.6 lbs!

So, apparently for the first week - this Bodybugg thing has put me on the right track.  Pretty sweet, too because I had a sandwich with actual bread on it at the wedding.  I ate a Lean Cuisine mini pizza with spinach and mushroom.  I had a Pho the size of a car tire.  If it can truly go this way -1.5~ pounds for the next however long it takes, that'd be pretty damn sweet.

Here's the update on my progress and my goal:



Now, for a little Bodybugg review based on my first week of use.

Pros:
1.  It really helps show how many calories I'm actually burning.  Amazing and helpful.
2.  It acts as a pedometer, which is sweet.  Brings to light how much I need to walk.
3.  The food logging program is pretty good - it's similar to a Livestrong or Sparkpeople database, so I rarely have to enter custom foods.  If I need to, it's easy.  It also remembers things I usually eat for various meals, so since I'm a creature of habit, it's easier every day.

Cons:
1.  The Bodybugg website is a pain in the ass.  It isn't compatible with Google Chrome, and you can only use it with Internet Explorer or Firefox.  This means it takes me 10293809284012 years to track stuff.
2.  The website likes to time you out.  Like, super quickly.  So I'm signing back in three or four times over the course of tracking my food for a day.  It takes a long time with that + the website only working with a slower browser.
3.  The Bodybugg resets every day at midnight.  So, for those of us up late like I am, through 1:30-3:30 am, or something like that... any of the calories I burn, or food I consume go on to the next day's count.  Now, it all evens out in the long run because it happens every single day.  However, it's really annoying.

Ultimately it's a phenomenal piece of equipment, but I still think they're kind of stuck behind the times in terms of where they should really be.  I am super happy I have it, and the cons aren't reasons to NOT buy it.  But, I do think they're things that can be easily fixed by the Bodybugg people.

Also right now, I would list as a "Con," when I go to download the app for it on the iPhone, it tells me I need iPhone 4 technology.  So, what the EFF?  The website says it's compatible with all the iPhones, but I can't download the app.  

There's information on synching it with your smartphone on the website, so I'm going to try that this week.  I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes.  :)

~J