Juice Fast Extravaganza! Day 8 - update / results

Stats:  10/2 vs. 10/10
Weight = 173.0 / 168.6 (-4.4 lbs)
Bust = 39.5 / 38.5
Waist = 31.5 / 30.5
Lower belly = 38.5 / 38
Butt = 43.5 / 42
Hips = 42 / 41



So, after 8 days I've lost 4.4 pounds and an average of 1 inch off of most of my measurements.  






I've gotten into juicing sweet potatoes.  With carrots, spinach - they're simply creamy and yummy.


Raw juice does separate a bit...


But, it just takes a quick stir.  Yum, yum!



So.  Can you guess which is the orange strawberry, and which is the tomato red pepper?



Delicious cantaloupe and mint!






This weekend I had two weddings, and let me tell you... I did come prepared with a cooler, with tons of bottled water and a juice, but... it was really, really hard.  The smell of the food, and it was GOOD food (wedding food,) both the dinners and the cocktail hour food... not being able to eat it was really difficult.  Just when I was feeling pretty comfortable with juicing, the idea of eating super healthy afterward and having gotten rid of my cravings for "bad" foods... all of a sudden I was constantly thinking about food yesterday.  The groom was served taco bell (as a silly joke) at the wedding yesterday, and then all I wanted was taco bell.  (yes, it's nasty but I LOVE IT.)  Then I came home, and what the hell... Dan got Taco Bell for his dinner.  The smell filled the house... it was so difficult, and I almost felt like CRYING, I was so frustrated.


I put up the blog post, and made myself a cantaloupe and mint juice.  The mint was so powerful it overcame the residual taco bell smell in the house, and the juice was delicious.  After that I felt better, and I feel better this morning.


I freaking hate food addiction.






On the positive side... my skin is doing AMAZING.


I don't know if you guys really know about all the struggles I've had with my skin... Acne has been a major part of my life, (my brother has dealt with it just as I have,) - and it's the thing I'd always said I'd change about myself, even before weight issues.  I've tried every cream, ointment, toner, homeopathic method, weird ass crazy things to get my skin to clear.  Nothing has ever worked beyond temporary measures.  


Here are my results after 8 days:









Last night I found myself saying "I feel like this whole thing is pointless."




Well.. after writing this post... I am pretty sure I don't feel that way anymore.  I do miss food though.  I am looking forward to eating.  :)

~J